Cape May Stage is committed to following the safety standards and protocols set forth by the state and local government along with Equity, the Actor’s Union. Accordingly, our guidelines and policies will continue to evolve as these governing bodies update their regulations and recommendations.
Box Office Policies:
- Doors open 30 minutes before show time. Please allow enough travel time for seasonal traffic and parking. To learn more about parking options in Cape May, click here.
- Latecomers will be seated at a time and location at the discretion of the management.
- If you require special assistance for handicapped accessible seating, please notify the box office at least 24 hours in advance.
- Out of respect for the actors and your fellow audience members, we ask that you please turn off all electronic devices before the show begins.
- Food and drink (other than those purchased at the theater) are not permitted.
- No talking! We encourage you to laugh, cry, gasp or sigh at appropriate points during the performance if you are so moved! But please refrain from having conversations with others in the audience, or on your cell phone.
- Unless otherwise noted, there will be a 15-minute intermission at all Main Stage performances.
- After the show’s conclusion, please remain in your seats until the curtain call is over and the house lights come up. We ask this for your safety, for the consideration of all patrons, and out of respect for the actors
- The use of cameras and recording devices is strictly prohibited!
- Our Main Stage, the Robert Shackleton Playhouse, is climate controlled to 68° F, for the comfort of the majority of our patrons. We recommend that individuals who are sensitive to air conditioning bring a jacket or sweater.
- All patrons must have a ticket to attend a performance. Babies and children who are not old enough to occupy a seat will not be permitted in the theatre. To find out if a production is age-appropriate for children, please inquire at the box office.
Exchange & Refund Policy:
- All sales are final and non-refundable.
- Credits for a future performance will be provided if a performance is canceled.
- Exchanges can be made on tickets for a different performance of the same production for a $5 Exchange Fee per ticket plus the ticket price difference. These fees are waived for our Season Passport holders.
- If it is less than 24 hours until the performance, the ticket cannot be exchanged. Tickets cannot be exchanged on the day of a performance or after a performance has occurred.
Inclement Weather Policy:
Traditionally, Cape May Stage will stay open even during the worst winter snow storms. “The show must go on” however Cape May Stage will close if New Jersey and/or Cape May issues a storm emergency or state of emergency. Cape May Stage will usually only close for the most egregious or dangerous conditions.
In the rare case that it becomes necessary to cancel a show due to extreme inclement weather, the cancellation will occur no later than two hours prior to curtain. The Box Office staff will attempt to contact all ticketholders by phone and email to announce a cancellation and to reschedule tickets for another performance of the same production. Refunds will not be issued for cancelled performances; however, exchange fees and price differences will be waived.
All ticket sales are non-refundable. Tickets may be exchanged for a $5 exchange fee. If you are exchanging into a higher priced performance, you will be charged a per-ticket upgrade.